Delta Wedding // Deas Island and East Delta Hall Sunset Photo Session
Marking the end of a beautiful Delta wedding with a sunset session!
Caroline and Geoffrey had an absolutely beautiful Delta wedding and I was so honoured to be their Vancouver wedding photographer. These two could not stop smiling the entire day as they celebrated their love with close friends and family.
We started with their ceremony at All Saints Anglican Church in Ladner, where one of their grand mother’s took on flower girl duties, and then headed over to Deas Island for some beautiful purple-hued wedding party photos and a couple’s portrait session. The reception was held at East Delta Hall where guests enjoyed a delicious dinner buffet by Austin Catering, hilarious speeches by Caroline and Geoffrey’s loved ones, and a piano solo by the bride herself!
But my favourite part of this Delta wedding would have to be the sunset session. As a Vancouver wedding photographer, I think it’s so important for couples to steal away from their reception and carve out the time for an intimate sunset photo session.
Why a sunset session is a great idea:
- The lighting at sunset is totally different than the light you see during the rest of the day. It’s instantly romantic and will give you more variety in your photos.
- In the peak of summer, the sun doesn’t set until 9:00 PM or later, meaning you won’t have to miss out on dinner or speeches in order to fit in your sunset session.
- A sunset session doesn’t have to take long! All you need is 10-20 minutes to sneak away and capture some beautiful photos.
- You can have fun with it and add some personality. For Caroline and Geoffrey, they decided to incorporate a Mustang that has been in their family for generations into their photos. It was a great way to add something sentimental to the session and made for some wicked cool photos.
- A sunset session is the perfect way for couples to get some time to themselves on their wedding day. It’s your time to take a breath, refocus on one another, and let the moment really sink in.
Considering a sunset photo session for your Delta wedding or Vancouver wedding? Get in touch with me as I would love to share some tips and capture your stunning sunset photos.